to the Franklin-Essex-Hamilton BOCES
DISTRICT SUPERINTENDENT SERVICES
- The District Superintendent is available, upon request, to act as a consultant and to assist the Board in any manner requested (such as development of selection criteria, recruiting and screening candidates, assisting in the interview process, etc.) as the district undergoes a transition to a new Superintendent.
- Serves as the field representative of the Commissioner of Education.
- Facilitates communication between districts and the State Education Department, as well as other public and private agencies.
- Interprets and clarifies Commissioner's regulations, Regents rules, Education Law, statewide initiatives and other policies that have an impact on education.
- The District Superintendent is available to consult with school districts on a variety of educational and administrative issues including, but not limited to:
- School Improvement Initiatives
- Board-Administration Relationships
- Management and Planning
- Reorganization and Merger
- School Boundaries
- Staffing Patterns
The District Superintendent is able to call upon the resources of the State Education Department and the BOCES professional staff if needed in addressing these and other issues.
These services are provided through the BOCES administrative budget
at no additional cost.
Stephen T. Shafer, District Superintendent
Sole Supervisory District of Franklin-Essex-Hamilton Counties